Saturday, June 30, 2007

Our trip to Italy

























We've just come back from a lovely week spent in Italy, staying with friends near Urbino. When Paul & I arrived on the Friday, we were already tired after having woken up at 6am to catch our flight, and just a little stunned by the intense 30 degree heat. By the time we went out for our Chinese meal in Urbino in the evening, following our stroll through Fermignano, eating sorbet and buying buttons, we were famished and slightly delirious...well, at least I was.


At some point, which I think was after the Chinese style potato gnocchi (which were flat and "like cat's tongue" according to Na), but before the Chinese fruit (which reminded me disturbingly of dyed testicles) I started laughing so hard I cried, tears and all. This always seems to happen when I go out to dinner with Na. Anyway, when we got back to the town where Na and Mr M live, there was live music going on near their house. Despite this and the heat, I slept deeply and soundly and was very happy to be there. Below are more photos and ramblings on our holiday.

1 comment:

susanlavonne said...

Thank you for sharing your delightful photos and account of your trip

Ooooooo (as in wow)...buttons!

ewwwww (as in yuk)...chinese fruit!