Saturday, June 16, 2007

Lottie and her hiding places














This is our Lottie. She has a penchant for hiding. The first day she was with us, she spent the first few hours hiding behind our sofa. Now, every time she gets frightened, she hides there. She was there the whole week we had builders in painting the windows. And she was there this morning during the thunderstorm.

I don't much care for plain old rain, but I do love a thunderstorm. Lottie, however, does not. This is how I found her (behind the sofa). She let me stroke her head but she didn't come out till it was over.
















Other times, she likes to explore dark spots for potential hidey holes. Here she is poking round my shelves...













And when she's happy, she likes to sit on top of my work table and look out the window. Here she is with my apples....












I've had cats for nearly three years now, and I can't imagine how I ever got by without them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE CATS too! C and i have had Bugsey and Romeo for more than 5 years. We love them. They were our babies before Milla came and still are!

M is alos crazy about them but they are not too crazy about her. Romeo is very jealous of M and Bugsey finds her intrusive...Bugsey thinks she is a princess and Romeo thinks he owns the monopoly on attention.

Can you imagine how much love we have to spread around those 3 creatures?

:-) xox

Crafty Green Poet said...

She's a lovely looking cat!

Annie Z said...

I LOVED this post! I am still smiling a big smile! I have a black and white as well. Also a ginger. When they were kittens, I did a scrapbook on all their hiding places. So cute! I've also had mine for nearly three years too. They turn three in September.
Cheers,
JTL
xxx