Saturday, June 16, 2007

the meme of three

I'm not sure how memes get started, but I guess someone has to start them, so here's one I made up as an extension / adaptation of an email a friend sent me that got me thinking...feel free to take it and make it your own!

Three jobs I’ve had:
1. Office manager
2. Volunteer Counsellor for a drop-in centre in Birmingham
3. Extra in a Greek chocolate commercial

Three places I’ve lived:
1. Jerusalem, Israel
2. Damascus, Syria
3. Long Island, New York

Three places I’d like to visit which I’ve never been:
1. Bolivia
2. Iceland
3. China

Three most unforgettable places I’ve been on holiday:
1. Angkor Wat, Cambodia
2. Oaxaca, Mexico
3. The Khaokob Caves, Southern Thailand near Krabi (because the claustrophobic boat ride through the caves was one of the scariest things I’ve ever done)

Three things that bring me comfort:
1. A cat on my lap
2. A truly good book
3. A great big hug

Three of the most memorable books I read last year:
1. On The Black Hill - Bruce Chatwin
2. Maps for Lost Lovers - Nadeem Aslam
3. Under The Skin – Michel Faber

Three books that I started because I felt I ought to, but didn’t finish:
1. One Hundred Years of Solitude – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
2. Swann’s way – Proust
3. Sexus – Henry Miller

Three songs that give me goosebumps:
1. Coles Corner – Richard Hawley (that whole album does)
2. Hallelujah – Leonard Cohen (sung by Kathryn Williams)
3. It’s raining today – Scott Walker

Three loved films from my childhood:
1. The Jungle Book (the 1960’s version with all the singing)
2. Grease
3. ET

The last three films I saw are:
1. Tell No One (just out in the cinema yesterday)
2. The Marriage of Maria Braun (Fassbinder film, on DVD)
3. El Topo (Jodorowsky film, on DVD)

Three things I didn’t do as a child that I wish I had:
1. Learn to ride a bicycle
2. Learn to play the piano
3. Learn to play the guitar

Three things I’d like to do that I haven’t done yet:
1. Have a child, be a mother
2. Take said child or children (when it is/they are old enough) and its/their father and go on a proper road trip together one summer in a camper van, exploring a place we’ve never been before
3. Write a book I’m happy with

The three people I’m going to tag with this meme:

1. Shadowsandclouds
2. Changapeluda
3. Nina

Feel free to do it yourself if you wish. If you do, let me know, I’ll come over and read it.

3 comments:

shadows and clouds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shadows and clouds said...

a greek chocolate commercial?! how the heck did you manage that?!!! you should persist with one hundred years of solitude, one of my all time faves, it's worth persisting!

thanks for tagging me, i have posted up my replies!

Anonymous said...

Babes, I will do it, but it may take a few days...

We have similar answers!!! :-)

Love.