Saturday, June 30, 2007

san leo


























On Wednesday, we went to San Leo, a lovely drive through the gorgeous countryside about an hour and a half away from Urbino. Apart from having three churches in such a small place, it also has a gallery and a museum of sacred art. These are just a few of the photos I took, which really didn't do the place justice.


In the evening when we got back to Na & Mr M's place, I borrowed Na's bicycle and Paul gave me a bike lesson. It's going to take more than a few lessons to get me riding I think, balance has never come naturally to me. But I did get a few interesting coloured bruises on my butt cheeks and knees (no one warned me about the intimacy I'd have to have with the saddle) and I did have fun trying. I also amused the townspeople, many of whom were children and old ladies cycling by breezily while quietly chuckling away at my plight.

2 comments:

shadows and clouds said...

remember my mum's tips! eyes straight forward, don't look down! it's the wisdom of the mamma-na! you'll get there, for sure, and next time you come visit we can all go a bike ride together! by that time you'll have toughened up with the saddle too!

Lesley Todd said...

Heehee! Tell me about it! I've bought a nice comfy saddle that's filled with gel for my bike. Good luck with your riding endeavours!