Saturday, June 30, 2007

Bologna, Morandi and a most fantastic choral concert



























On Sunday, Paul and I caught the coach with Na, Mr M and the choir that Na sings with, to go to Bologna. We spent the afternoon in Bologna city before going out to Villa Smeralda on the outskirts of Bologna for the choral concert. While in Bologna, we also visited the Morandi museum. Above are just a few photos from the day.

The highlight of the day for me was listening to the choir Na sings with. I had this image of choirs singing churchy hymns and all traditional music. But Na's choir sang contemporary, interesting, unusual songs from all over the world including Sweden and Africa (the African song accompanied by Mr M on bongos), the whole experience gave me goosebumps. I loved every minute of it. Plus, she looked great in that dress, even if it did suffocate her in the heat. They all looked fantastic.

1 comment:

Lesley Todd said...

Love your photos. Especially the 6th one with the crumbling wall and the narrow street. That just says Italy to me.